[Loadstone] Routeplanner/Breadcrumb generator

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Wed May 21 02:42:32 BST 2008

There's a lot of information here and a few similar but slightly different
ideas getting intertwined. The dev team will have to figure out how exactly
this stuff is going to work rather than trying to hack things in to get
things kind of working.
At the moment none of this is on my current todo list, I have access to an
n82 for a very short time so I'm working on getting the internal gps support
working while I have access to it. There's also the menu problem to get
fixed. Once those are done then I can turn to some of this track/route
stuff.
One thing that would be helpful with all this would be to get our
terminology consistant. At the moment we have references to track recording,
bredcrumb generating, route planning, and various variations on these terms.
We need to get some solid concepts and what exactly we want to call them,
that'll make it much easier to figure out how they need to be implemented.