[Loadstone] Routeplanner/Breadcrumb generator

Cearbhall O Meadhra cearbhall.omeadhra at idd.ie
Tue May 20 22:15:55 BST 2008

Hi Logan,

I share your interest in the idea of the breadcrumbs. The Loadstone program
logs the position at intervals of 1 second. This would mean that if you only
want to trace the position in one minute intervals, you would need to
examine every 60th record in the log file. I have opened the log file in
excel as a tab delimited file and it is very easy to read once you have a
description of the column headings.

I think it would be relatively easy to write a small program that could pull
out the points at whatever interval the user wants. If a person recorded the
time they were passing certain identifiable features such as road junctions,
bus stops, theatres or pubs, they would easily find the bearing recorded
precisely at that time in the log file. As I reported recently, I have
completed a process for creating a loadstone-ready file from the log that
can complete the street names between identified nodes so that a complete
map could be built up in a short time with only a little effort.

All the best,

Cearbhall

Tel: 01-2864623 Mob: 087 9922227 Em: cearbhall.omeadhra at colibri.ie