[Loadstone] Routeplanner/Breadcrumb generator

Logan McMullen lmcmullen at rnzfb.org.nz
Tue May 20 21:34:34 BST 2008

Hi,

The current route planner tool is great -it does have limitations(the
principle  being that a user needs to know a route in order to set it
up) but I think this can be potentially overcome using a developed
log/route saving option.

For example -when I transferred to another city I knew which bus I
needed to take in order to get to my office and the basic route to
travel as I'd been given details(take the #11 bus, get off at bus stop,
walk down road and take the 3rd turn on the left then the 2nd on the
right..the office is about 200 metres down on the left hand side of the
road  etc etc)

If I  had  used the logging function from the start I could have had
loadstone log/map my route to work from the point I got on the bus until
the office.  Later this file could have been used to generate a route
which included all points on this route.

Ideally there would then be some way for a user to align the output
breadcrumb file with points in a database -this would allow a user to
quickly map a route based on known points.

Is there a way in which the log function could have user defined
settings such as time reference interval, data to save/store and
database to queried for known information?

Logan.
This email, including any attachments, is intended solely for the addressee(s).
It is confidential and may be legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient,
you must not copy, disclose, distribute or otherwise use it or the information in it.
Please notify the sender at once and delete it from your system immediately.
Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of the Royal New Zealand Foundation of the Blind.  The Foundation does not
accept responsibility for any viruses or other malicious code that may be transmitted with this email.