[Loadstone] Breadcrumb generator

Cearbhall O Meadhra cearbhall.omeadhra at idd.ie
Tue May 20 00:14:49 BST 2008

Rob,

I have successfully created this process using MS. Excel. I take the NMEA
file and extract the Latitude and longitude data together with the time the
POI was recorded. I generate a POI name with an added numeric increment to
show the intervals that are assumed to be on that street.

I have enhanced the process by using the loadstone program to record a point
at the junction of two or four streets with the time added into the POI
name. That allows me to fix the change points between streets by matching on
the NMEA file as close as I can get to the time interval. I have found it
easy enough to find a spot that is between two logged times. I can then
insert a new line into the excel spread sheet at that point with the known
POI name for the direction of movement and all neighbouring POI names
starting at that point in the case of a junction of multiple streets. That
means I can set a start name at the beginning of each street and
automatically generate points along the street with the street name  and the
incremental position along the street as it was recorded in the original
log.

The output of this process is a Loadstone-ready file.

I would be happy to share this work with you  in the search for a good
solution to the problem.

All the best,

Cearbhall

Tel: 01-2864623 Mob: 087 9922227 Em: cearbhall.omeadhra at colibri.ie