[Loadstone] Breadcrumb generator

Rob Melchers rob at loadstone-gps.com
Mon May 19 17:22:07 BST 2008

A breadcrumb generator, sometimes also called a track recorder, provides a
means to automatically record your position at given intervals. As the
story goes you leave breadcrumbs in an unfamiliar environment to be able to
find your way back. Loadstone does not yet provide this functionality but
you can record the data that comes from your GPS receiver by pressing the
'Start Logging' option in the File menu. The resulting file is stored in
the root of the Loadstone folder on your phone as 'nmea.log'. By exporting
this file to a computer and feeding it to the Breadcrumb Generator on the
Tools page you get a database of points numbered from 1 to X that can bbe
used as a track. You can select the desired interval, where it is useful to
know that most people walk about 1 meter per second. We are looking into
the possibility to include this in the program.

Rob