[Loadstone] Points of Intrest

monty at loadstone-gps.com monty at loadstone-gps.com
Mon May 19 10:04:15 BST 2008

Hi Ben,

There could be a few reasons for points of interest not returning when
querying.

My first thought would be related to the proxcimity of the data you
downloaded from the Point Share Exchange.  Did the decimal formatted
longitude and latitude values  you entered as an origin contain 4-6
decimal places and were they cclose in value to the decimal
longitude/latitude values Loadstone returned  as your current location?

Every street intersection in North America is a point of interest in the
Point Share Exchange so depending on how urban your area is will depend on
how many points are yielded from the Point Share exchange.

The second thing to check is your "Max search radius" setting found in
Options/Settings/General.  The value here is in KM so make sure it is
initially set to quite a high value (like 1000 or higher) to make sure it
can find points.

Let us know how you get on.

Best regards,
   Monty