[Loadstone] Phone behaviour during long database imports

Pranav Lal pranav.lal at gmail.com
Wed May 14 17:59:41 BST 2008


I did not know about that option.  I will do another import and see what
happens.

-----Original Message-----
From: loadstone-bounces at loadstone-gps.com
[mailto:loadstone-bounces at loadstone-gps.com] On Behalf Of Jacob Kruger
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 9:53 PM
To: loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
Subject: Re: [Loadstone] Phone behaviour during long database imports

In that case, and dunno if you tried this out, but if you go to the options 
menu, then under file, there is then an option to cancel import, which lets 
you know it's still busy at that stage.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
'...Fate had broken his body, but not his spirit...'

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Pranav Lal" <pranav.lal at gmail.com>
To: <loadstone at loadstone-gps.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 6:19 PM
Subject: Re: [Loadstone] Phone behaviour during long database imports


> Hi,
>
> On my Nokia E51, it did not give me any status information.  It kept 
> beeping
> though.
>
>
> Pranav
> -----Original Message-----
> From: loadstone-bounces at loadstone-gps.com
> [mailto:loadstone-bounces at loadstone-gps.com] On Behalf Of Jacob Kruger
> Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 2:54 PM
> To: loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
> Subject: Re: [Loadstone] Phone behaviour during long database imports
>
> On my 6680, I could simply use the hang up key to send Loadstone to the
> background, and it kept on running, and, yes, did also receive calls 
> during
> the 8 hour import process.
>
> For interests sake, even while in the background, every time it would have
> told you the next percentage of import process, it still beeps in the
> background anyway.
>
> Stay well
>
> Jacob Kruger
> Blind Biker
> Skype: BlindZA
> '...Fate had broken his body, but not his spirit...'
>
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "Pranav Lal" <pranav.lal at gmail.com>
> To: <loadstone at loadstone-gps.com>
> Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 6:44 AM
> Subject: [Loadstone] Phone behaviour during long database imports
>
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> What happens if I get a phone call while importing points? Will the
>> import process continue?
>>
>> Also, can I send loadstone to the background and continue using my
>> phone while importing points?
>>
>> Pranav
>> _______________________________________________
>> Loadstone mailing list
>> Loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
>> http://www.loadstone-gps.com/mailman/listinfo/loadstone
>
> _______________________________________________
> Loadstone mailing list
> Loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
> http://www.loadstone-gps.com/mailman/listinfo/loadstone
>
> _______________________________________________
> Loadstone mailing list
> Loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
> http://www.loadstone-gps.com/mailman/listinfo/loadstone 

_______________________________________________
Loadstone mailing list
Loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
http://www.loadstone-gps.com/mailman/listinfo/loadstone



More information about the Loadstone mailing list