[Loadstone] Further info regarding progress etc.

Ari Moisio arimo at iki.fi
Wed May 14 09:00:13 BST 2008

Hi

  I used following method to  transfer favourite data between WFA and LS.
(didn't i explain this already some weeks ago?)

- Start the emulator with some known place such as my home. Start the WFA.

- Look for the vicinities some crossing toward the  favorite i'll like to
transfer. Enter distance and heading to the emulator to calculate a new
position. Repeat this until i have reached the favourite.

- With the favourite nearby enough i'll command     the emulator to store
the coordinates into loadstone database with description i have just
written.

  I left as  an excersise to reader how to transfer LS location data to WFA
favourites with similar technology.

  Instead of WFA anyone can use any  navigator package able to use external
bluetooth receiver, even another loadstone. It would be the easiest way to
transfer location data between the users.

  There is no copyright issues for using own favourites  for personal use.
It is also hard to find any probems with other data as far it it is used
for personal use only. In addition who actually has a copyrigth of certain
locations. Only data copied here is an information about some item's
proximity. It is also hard to tell the difference if the location data is
obtained by physically moving to   the given location or using the
  gps emulator and hardly any lawyer will try to tell the point you have
just marked is copyrighted by  some commercial entity.

mr. M01510