[Loadstone] Import errors

Grzegorz Złotowicz grzezlo at wp.pl
Mon May 12 07:44:30 BST 2008

Hello,
Maybe it would be possible to set up in the settings, maximum import errors tolerance, which would be an integer describing how many errors or import warnings must happen to stop the import process.
Value 0 - would denote current behaviour, where it can happen an unlimited number of errors, and importing is still continued.
Such behaviour in case of big numbers of errors can be a trouble - for example some time ago i developed an testing database to check how the show area function works, and i forgot to insert one comma in this database generator, so in effect i get during import numerous beeps, and i wasn't able to hear what is warning message saying.
In case of badly constructed big database, such beep-crying could take hours without any usefull information for user.
So my conclusion is, that even one error is one too much, so it's more usefull to be able to hear what's wrong, than waiting for import to end...
An other nice but probably more work-consuming solution, would be to develop a warning message as a simply dialog, where we get a warning info, and a possibility to choose from the options menu: stop import, ignore this error and continue, or ignore all next errors.
Choosing to ignore all errors would continue import without warning beep on next errors, and after whole process - no matter was it successfull or not - user would get in the statistics also count of invalid entries.
There can be some situations, where each error should stop the import, or some situations, where small number of errors doesn't matter.
Greetings, Greg.