[Loadstone] Unassigned keys.

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Sun May 11 05:14:40 BST 2008

The only reason I can think of to undefine a key would be if it's
accidentally getting pressed and generating extra unwanted output. Having a
beep sound in this case would defeat the purpose. It's possible to have the
same function mapped to more than one key. Basically, the default key is
used unless the user overrides it. I think the best way to undefine a key
would be to just have it do nothing like a currently unused key does now.
There's more work planned for the key processor. There'll be new functions
added and the ability for some functions to take parameters. When this
happens a play function could be put in so you could have keys just beep if
you really wanted.