[Loadstone] Database redesign

monty at loadstone-gps.com monty at loadstone-gps.com
Thu May 8 19:17:52 BST 2008

I think that's because you're trying to see things from a
programming/technical point of view rather than a functionality point of
view.

As it's been pointed out countless times on this list, everything
about Symbian is  peculiar (the programming, the web site etc).  That
means our methods of accomplishing certain tasks and functionality are not
always as we would like.

Once you start thinking along the lines of what Loadstone can do rather
than what it can't, I think you might be less confused.

The check point system works quite well.  It's almost as simple as
thinking of check points as a subset of points from your database (or
collection of databases) that have special status that can be used to flag
important points of interest or form a link in a chain of a collection of
check points as part of a route.

I'm sure the documentation describes it better!

Monty