[Loadstone] Database redesign

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Thu May 8 06:56:12 BST 2008

The user id might be a problem but not any time soon. Unfortunately every
byte added to a point record makes the database that much bigger. No point
in a last modified field, duplicate checking is done on import.
The checkpoints aren't part of the database. They can reference the database
on load but that's only to see if the information needs updating. The only
difference with a list of route points would be that they're in a particular
order. When this is implemented there probably won't be much difference if
any between checkpoint format and route point format.
There will be a point typing system of some kind. We'll have to work out
what types to implement thoe and how exactly this will work.