[Loadstone] Menu closes partially (Was: "phase 7 of 8")

Stephen Giggar sgiggar at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 8 03:02:24 BST 2008

OK! Shawn and others. This looks like it is a N82 issue or some other program problem. MobileSpeak
version 3.40 also has problems and it is even worse in the below example. I change MobileSpeak to
beginner and changed the verbosity to ALL/Highest. That away it would speak the menu list numbers
like 1 of 7 etc... Then I went into the same menu structure from within Loadstone. Example:

Options/Functions/Astronomic/Moon/Phase.

At that point, MobileSpeak would only read Phase 7 of 8. It did not read any of the information
other then that. Then when pressing any of the arrows or numbers; MobileSpeak still only read the
above.

So I do not think the problem is related to just Talks. Being MobileSpeak also has problems on the
N82 with the above.

As a parcel work around for Talks as far as getting it not to speak the 7 of 8 part on the N82.
1. Start loadstone.
2. Go into the Talks settings with Talks long SoftKey1.
3. Press Options.
4. Press select on App. Specific setting.
5. Press Options.
6. Press Select on Add App. Specific Value.
7. Arrow to Read List Index and press select.
8. Press select a second time to open the combo box.
9. Arrow to Never and press select.
10. Press SoftKey2 to exit and key pressing it until you get back to loadstone.

Now you will not hear the 1 of x when arrowing through menus.

Like I have said; This is only a parcel work around. You will still hear the word Phase after
things. If the above is followed with Talks it will only effect loadstone.

With MobileSpeak with the verbosity set to the default, again you will not hear any information
spoken accept for the word Phase and nothing else even if the numbers/arrow are used.

Now with MobileSpeak if you go back into Options and arrow to something else; It seems to straiten
up for the new screen.

Signed: Stephen Giggar
Skype: dr-phone.