[Loadstone] Loadstone as a gps receiver

arimo at iki.fi arimo at iki.fi
Tue May 6 19:52:13 BST 2008

Hi

  I know, the subject sounds a bit weird.

  I made a demonstration of different gps applications today indoors but
couldn't show all the features without a gps coverage.  Because i have
earlier made a  Linux application that emulates a receiver i though
similar feature would be handy in a mobile phone. Because LS already has
an ability to move virtually in the map it's functionality could be
extended to transmit relevant location information via bluetooth to
another navigation application. With this functionality user can for
example send LS points to any bluetooth-capable navigator. WF Access users
could also transfer their favourites into LS.

  On my emulator only gga, rmc and gsv sentences are used. Emulator has
commands to set lat and lon coordinates separately, could transmit any
speed, heading and altitude data and has function to perform a simple move
n meters to direction x. or move continuously at given speed to given
direction.

mr. M01510