[Loadstone] Geonames.org

Geetha Shamanna geetha at millernorbert.de
Sat Mar 29 06:09:51 GMT 2008

Hi Gian,

We (Pranav, Kiran and me from India) did explore the possibility of
converting the points file on geoname.org for India into a
Loadstone-compatible format. Given the size of the points file and the
discrepancy between the two formats, manual cleanup would involve a great
deal of effort.  Should you decide to write a script/macro to perform the
conversion, we would appreciate it if you could share it on the list.

Thanks,
Geetha