[Loadstone] Updating Phone Firmware

Stephen Giggar sgiggar at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 23 11:17:09 GMT 2008

If you have a 3rd Edition phone from Nokia, installing to the memory card before doing a firmware
update will cause you more problems. This has to do with security on the 3rd Edition phones. Any
software that is on the memory card will not be seen after a Firmware update so you would need to
re-install the software again any way. But being you have a old Application out their; This will
cause you problems. So remove any software off the memory card if you are updating firmware on 3rd
Edition phones. At this time; Their are only two phones ware the phone memory and all other data is
not erased during a firmware update. The N82 and the 6120 Classic are the only two phones that I
know of at this point in time ware information is retained during a firmware update.

Signed: Stephen Giggar
sgiggar at sbcglobal.net
Skype: dr-phone.