[Loadstone] More questions...

Ari Moisio arimo at iki.fi
Wed Mar 19 06:02:42 GMT 2008

Hi

   Learning route mode would be great. Instead of fixed time period i'll
prefer fixed distances, user adjustable  20 to 100 meters for example. In
addition where user stops for a considerable amount of time, say 10
seconds or more and places where heading changes. Also  if there already
is a point along the route it could be included and of course when user
manyally enters a route point.

  LS could  beep or announce every automatically entered route point.

  These points do not need much data: lat and lon coordinates, serial
number and optional comment field or pointer to existing point.

  These sroute should be editable afterwards, at least remove unnecessary
route points, 'fix' them to already existing points and add comments.
Automatic removal of intermediate route points os  a straigh route would
be nice  feature too.

  To follow a route it has to be selected manually or automatically. On
automatic routing LS searches for route database and picks the nearest
rooute and determines the direction, forward or backward.

  When following the route LS presens few waypoints a head and one behidn
the user. Ahead and behind are determined by order  route points are store
and if the route is reversed or not, not based on user's current heading.

  According user preferences there could also be points of current database
or checkpoint list visible.

  Another way to guide a route is to continously  announce remainin
distance and relative heading to next route point or couple of them. With
second route point only a relative heading is required, for example
"next 25 meters at 12 o'clock, then at 3 o'clock"
to  indicate user is approaching a crossing to turn rigth.
   When  user reaches route point  next one  is selected automatically.

mr. M01510