[Loadstone] Possible solution to Symbian signing

John Ramm john at rammland.net
Fri Mar 14 15:08:32 GMT 2008

Hi All

Here's a clip from Dean Martino's "Top Tech Titbits" Newsletter which
may be of interest to the list. I haven't tried this, but it sounds
like it might be worth a look.

11) Many of us have had problems with CAPTCHA, the diabolical
authorization scheme used by web designers to distinguish people from
computers, and which is totally inaccessible to the blind and to many
others. A new site, CAPTCHAKiller, has generated lots of
philosophical discussions on mailing lists this week. It purports to
provide an accessible solution to all such authorization schemes. I
don't know how well, or for how long, this will work, but this post
from Fred's Head Companion gives a step-by-step guide for how to use it:
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001KP8sHqRrXoMI7U_kKcX0umRUstlxVAMOsA-F9bjDyXiJ60fJ-vnTREFlH8vHykYjmy70QuHUyQvuGmrjutX3-s5iFE_GZaQRXxnGh1P2mnCZSLE-perpAF8-FgfVcisiqv9j-k7DGj_Z6u0OL6Ktl_-VlgEOcUJlJWWYM8c0lvLELzRliTO1DSpNFYODMyjN>http://fredsheadcompanion.blogspot.com/2008/03/website-accessibility-with.html

Feel free to forward individual Tidbits, or the entire tidbits issue,
to interested people (but make sure they don't already receive it; a
lot do!) When doing this, please have the courtesy to cite your
source, perhaps directing them to the tidbits website (see below.)

Tidbits is intentionally concise, but I know a lot of people don't
understand many of the items because little explanation is given. If
a Tidbit brings up a question in your mind, feel free to ask, and
I'll answer as time, knowledge and inclination permit.

Visit the Tidbits page at
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001KP8sHqRrXoPMs5OmC2IZ78SA-mfYiC_c-JUcl_a-pVpVQqvpwrTZRSq7nPQbNKBoDorga4F37Wbp-4VEXD01a_YZJQ-v8d08NRhBGqMseezdzIoLbyUNP-5PgHVHvcxSXy48uNCypF8=>http://www.topdotenterprises.com/tidbits.htm
where you can subscribe to the RSS feed and grab back issues. All
that welcome information for future issues can come to me at
<mailto:dean at topdotenterprises.com>dean at topdotenterprises.com.

People can subscribe to Tidbits via e-mail:
<mailto:tttt-join at topdotenterprises.com>tttt-join at topdotenterprises.com
(Make sure to get all 4 T's into the address!)

[]

| Flying Blind, LLC | 955 Pembrook Road | Cleveland Heights, Ohio 44121 |