[Loadstone] Symbian signing

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Thu Mar 13 00:34:22 GMT 2008

To change the uid you'd have to get a uid from symbian since they assign
them and then recompile the program. The assignment to email address part is
being done on the symbiansigned site, not in the source code of Loadstone.
When I originally got the uid for loadstone there was no mention at all of
that uid being tied to my email address. This restriction is a new one and I
have no idea why it's there. It would seem to defeat the whole purpose of
opensigned. The problem with changing the uid is the phone uses that number
to distinguish different programs installed. That's how the phone knows to
ask about upgrading already installed programs. If the uid is changed then
the phone would think it's a whole new program. I also don't know what would
happen if the uid got changed and then we tried to sign the sis file for
general release. From what I've seen so far I wouldn't be at all surprised
if it didn't work for some reason.