[Loadstone] How about a temporary LS?

monty at loadstone-gps.com monty at loadstone-gps.com
Wed Mar 12 15:30:20 GMT 2008

I too feel that the time sync and cell site status is useful though I'd
perhaps take a more diplomatic aproach to making my point...

I can say that in my experience providers in the United Kingdom as well as
Canada do not offer accurate time information.

Also, as I previously mentioned, imagine you are on a train  that is not
announcing  stations.  Then, imagine that your GPS receiver's battery is
unexpectedly flat  and you haven't a clue where you are as it's the last
train and your carriage is empty.  If the cell sites are labeled on your
route, you're in luck and can query Loadstone's cell function and find out
exactly where you are.  This has happened to me more than once!

Best regards,
   Monty