[Loadstone] How about a temporary LS?

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Mar 12 13:14:08 GMT 2008

[quoted lines by Shawn Kirkpatrick on 2008/03/12 at 02:23 -0700]

>This has been thought of but isn't likely to happen unless symbian signed is
>offline for some extended time. It would involve removeing a few features,
>mainly gps time syncing and all the cell monitoring stuff. Removing the time
>syncing wouldn't be too hard but getting the cell stuff out cleanly would be
>a different matter. The code for cell monitoring is a bit involved and
>getting it out without breaking other things would probably take a while. By
>the time this was done and tested we might have a signed version.

Rther than take the code out, why not just turn the actual API calls that
require signing into stubs which return a "no value available" or "function not
supported" status? This wouldn't require extensive testing at all, wouldn't
break anything, and the whole build could be governed by a single
signed/unsigned #define.