[Loadstone] online petition, disability angle

Barr, Les lbarr1 at cox.net
Wed Mar 12 02:11:08 GMT 2008

My opinion would be that since Symbian markets its telephones within the
United States territory, it is very likely subject to U.S. laws and
regulations, including but not limited to the Interstate Commerce Clause;
Federal Communications Commission and Title III of the Americans with
Disabilities Act.  Especially in light of the recent 2005 decision by the
U.S. Supreme Court in Spector v. Norwegian Cruise Line Ltd., 545 U.S. 119,
holding that foreign ships are subject to U.S. law even though only
temporarily in U.S. territorial waters.

Regards,

LB