[Loadstone] Conversion Question

Logan McMullen loganmcmullen at vodafone.net.nz
Sat Mar 8 02:58:19 GMT 2008

Hi there,

thanks to those of you who gave ideas/suggestions about converting UTM(map grid) data into lat/long data.

After some time spent trawling through pages and pages of info on Google I've stepped away as all the applications I've found thus far seem to be highly visual and not at all jaws friendly!

Any ideas still greatly appreciated...it seems that it is possible to get a wide variety of data here in Nz in UTM format using the New Zealand Map grid which is the brainchild of one of our government departments..but despite being funded by tax dollars they are about as helpful as a chimp with hemoroids!(Actually..they are less useful than that!)

so if anyone knows of a good, screen reader friendly application that will quickly convert UTM data into lat/long I'd be tremendously grateful.

Regards,

Logan.