[Loadstone] Special characters rejected by POI2LoadStone converter

Cearbhall O Meadhra cearbhall.omeadhra at idd.ie
Mon Mar 3 23:50:23 GMT 2008

Hi,

I have not used the POI converter, but when I want to import a table of POIs
as a .CSV file I have always found it necessary to enclose the text in the
name column in double quotes ("). This keeps the comma that is within the
name because the enclosing quotes make it invisible to the coding
controller.

Here is an example:

table,point
name,latitude,longitude,accuracy,satellites,priority,userid,id
"access to saint thomas community college, bray
13%",532013973,-61061124,1,9,0,39208,1128304910
"access to saint thomas community college, bray
25%",532015583,-61059774,1,9,0,39208,1128304911

In fact, I prepare this file in Excel and the only way to get Excel to
surround the name column in Quotes is to put a comma into the text string
within the column!

All the best,

Cearbhall

Tel: 01-2864623 Mob: 087 9922227 Em: cearbhall.omeadhra at colibri.ie