[Loadstone] Point announcement in Loadstone

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Sun Mar 2 01:19:20 GMT 2008

In order for points to be announced they have to be marked as checkpoints.
Loadstone probably won't interrupt a call with announcements. There's a few
reasons for this. The first is the speach software, if it'll talk at all
during a call really depends on the phone model. The second reason is it's
something that you're just not supposed to do. In fact on third edition if
the program interrupts a call it won't pass testing and will be rejected for
signing. The closest thing to a call interruption you may get is the phone
may vibrate if you have that option turned on. This will also depend on the
phone, you need to be running second or third edition for this to work.
In navigation mode what points you see will depend on which way you press
the joystick. If you want points ahead then hit the up arrow. If you only
want your checkpoints then activate use checkpoints only or use the next
checkpoint function.
Loadstone doesn't have any such thing as a pedestrian or vehicle mode and
hopefully never will. What would be the difference between these?
The checkpoints are announced based on the set approach time. This means the
distance will vary depending on the speed of travel but the time before
arriving at the point should be pretty close to the same.