[Loadstone] Point announcement in Loadstone

Geetha Shamanna geetha at millernorbert.de
Sat Mar 1 13:07:17 GMT 2008

Hello all,

I recently began creating points of interest around my home and office for
experimental purposes, and have a few questions in this regard:

1. Although the Autoannounce option is active, check points are not always
automatically announced by Loadstone. Also, the phone does not automatically
beep on nearing a check point. Should any other option be activated in order
for this feature to work?

2. Can Loadstone be configured to interrupt calls in order to announce the
arrival of a check point? This feature would be useful when travelling.

3. While in navigation mode, can Loadstone be configured to display only
those check points that are ahead? With my current settings I can see check
points that are some 20 kilometers in the opposite direction. This is of no
practical use.

4. Can Loadstone be switched between pedestrian mode and vehicle mode?

5. Check point announcements are sometimes erratic. While some points are
announced 30 meters in advance, others are announced when I am just 8 meters
away from them. Can this be made to work in a more uniform manner?

Many thanks for your responses.

Geetha