[Loadstone] Feature wishes, re-issue

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Mon Jun 30 23:24:20 BST 2008

A gps emulator feature would reverse the program, turning it from a client
into a server. This would be a large complex bit of code with only corner
case usage. This would be the absolute worst way to transfer points between
other loadstone users, it would kill the point duplicate checking if the
data were uploaded to point share. You may be able to get other navigation
programs to give you data this way but that's a pretty dirty hack. Depending
on the program that may be a violation of the license agreement. If so and
that data ends up on point share then we may be in trouble for that as well.
The only somewhat interesting use you mention is to use this as a bluetooth
relay so multiple phones could use the receiver. An interesting idea but
given the bugs with the various bluetooth implementations getting this to
work right would probably be a nightmare. Again thoe, how often would this
actually be used? It's probably not common for users to carry multiple
phones with multiple navigation solutions installed on them.
For the use you're trying to make this do you'd probably be better off to
make your emulator take a loadstone export file and then do all the
processing you want on the pc. This would also cover the reverse point
sorting as well. I doubt you'd do this processing on the road but if so then
a laptop would be the way to go.