[Loadstone] Feature wishes, re-issue

Ari Moisio arimo at iki.fi
Mon Jun 30 14:04:54 BST 2008

Hi  Shawn

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008, Shawn Kirkpatrick wrote:

> I'm not sure how you'd list the points in reverse order, how long would this
> list be? The limitations of the database engine also would make this process
> very time consuming on a large database.

  As i mentioned earlier  points can be sorted by  their ID field.  Speed
is not an issue here, if one gets lost waiting few seconds would not be an
issue, its better to have few deep breatsh anyway.

  I really wonder your negative attitude towards the GPS emulator feature.
It is after all an application sending data via the bt serial channel. On
my emulator there were only GSA,  GGA and  RMC sentences sent roughly once
per second. Probably even RMC would be adequate for most navigators but
just in case they need  some extra data about the satellite coverage.

  This will bring at least three benefits to the LS users:

- It is the easiest way to transfer locations between LS and other
phone-based navigators including Loadstone.

- Same connection could be used to relay the actual GPS stream to enable
multiple phones to use the same receiver.

- It is extremely cool feature in the world of phone navigators where only
way to compete is to count how many million POIs each navigator has on
their maps.

  Of course this emulator could be run also in the PC but after carrying a
typical desktop computer for a few kilometers (and a power extension
cable too)  one migth easily think other alternatives too.