[Loadstone] Feature wishes, re-issue

arimo at iki.fi arimo at iki.fi
Mon Jun 30 07:47:08 BST 2008

Hi

  Here are two old feature wishes but a new implementations:

  I usuallly save points when sitting in the car to both possible find the
way back if needed or just getting more points.  Because there is usually
no information about street names i just store a dummy placemarker and
fill the details later. To make these tasks easier two new features would
be useful:

- A listing of points sorted in reverse chronological order. The ID field
is  a *NIX-type timestamp so this should not be an issue. Even better if
the relevant date and time is displayed too.

- The ability to use LS as a GPS receiver emulator. This will make
recognizing unnamed points with another navigation application much easier
and faster. Currently i have to manually enter each and every point
manually to the emulator. I don't like to submit a point database with
half of the points named only as slashes '/', a current placeholder of
unknown crossing.

--
mr. M01510 & guide Loadstone-GPS