[Loadstone] Which phone to buy

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Sun Jun 29 21:24:27 BST 2008

There are only a few phones with internal gps receivers. The n82 and n95 as
far as I know but there may be others. The internal gps receiver sounds like
a good feature at first but in testing this doesn't seem to work as well as
an external receiver. I think they're using the sirf ii chipset so it's a
generation back from the current receivers. I wouldn't worry too much about
the internal gps when choosing your next phone.
We've been testing an n82 for developint the internal gps support. This is a
pretty nice phone, good keypad, lots of features etc. It has one very
annoying flaw thoe, the screen saver kicks in after a maximum of 90 seconds.
The internal gps receiver will also effect the phone's battery life.
  The latest phones are all
third edition. These phones have more features but also cost more. The
second edition phones are nice but have been discontinued. You may be able
to get one of these for a lower cost thoe. Just use google and compare phone
specs, reviews, and prices and you'll find something that meets your needs.