[Loadstone] AT Update

Michael O. Hanson mhanson at winternet.com
Sun Jun 29 07:57:41 BST 2008

As many of you know, I am planning to use Loadstone to hike the Appalachian Trail.  Many of you also probably wondered if I was ever going to get that idea off the ground.

I have all the data I need imported, marked up, and backed up on two phones and in three other places.  I started fundraising.  I asked a contact how I would do that.  He suggested asking people to pledge so much per mile and offered an amount that is about three quarters more than I need.  I like pledges because if I need to stop for some reason, contributors are not out money for miles I don't hike.

For the first time, I can seriously think about leaving in March, 2009.  My funding priorities are first my hike, second, a documentary, and third, contributing to those who helped make this project happen.

Mike Hanson