[Loadstone] Tripmeter

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Mon Jun 16 22:39:42 BST 2008

The accuracy is computed by using hdop * ure and that value is in metres. If
your receiver has a minimum accuracy of 40 metres then it should be tossed
in to the nearest bin. The receiver has either gone bad or you're
doing a lot of walking around in underground areas. The globalsat is
known for being rather bad for heading spin but its accuracy is fine.
Minimum gps accuracy should be around 15 metres and maximum of
50. The trip metre distance is calculated by just adding up the distances
traveled. Rounding up would only increase error.