[Loadstone] Checkpoints

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Fri Jun 13 21:52:37 BST 2008

You can't load an exported database as a checkpoint list because the formats
are slightly different. Yes, this was done on purpose to prevent people from
trying to load unreasonably sized checkpoint lists. Also, there's an extra
comment field in the checkpoint file that doesn't exist in the database. The
checkpoint loader does try to figure out what it's doing but it's having to
deal with the old format as well as the new format so things will probably
go wrong if you load the wrong file type. This will pretty much happen with
any application thoe.
I'm not sure how a check multiple point function could be implemented. If
it's based on a search you'd never know how many results you'd get. There's
a practical limit as to how many points you could have checked at once.
The arrival and approach alarms are being tweaked. I'm not sure why you'd
check points and then disable these thoe, that's kind of the point of the
checkpoints. If you don't want the arrival alarm then just set the radius as
low as it'll go and it's unlikely you'll enter it. The alarms don't go when
you're not moving. Of course this is subject to gps drift so you may not be
moving but your gps might be drifting. Try setting the speed threshhold to 2
and that should help this.