[Loadstone] Nokia 6124

Philip Martin p.martin13 at ntlworld.com
Wed Jun 11 11:50:03 BST 2008


Now there is signed Lodestone software, there is no problem.

Philip
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Williams Family" <brian.williams300 at ntlworld.com>
To: <loadstone at loadstone-gps.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 8:52 PM
Subject: [Loadstone] Nokia 6124


> Hi all
> With reference to my recent enquiry regarding the nokia 6124 I am now able
> to report that although I was first sent the handset by my mobile provider 
> I
> was told by a store assistant that TALKS would not work with it. I then
> contacted the customer service who confirmed that Talks would not work and
> so I returned it and have severed my contract with them. However, via
> another list I belong to, I was told by one of the members that that it 
> does
> work as he had one which he was using very successfully. Instead I have 
> now
> obtained Nokia 6120, in fact the same model in a different casing, and so,
> once it is up and running I will reload loadstone.
>
> Question: Is there any particular problem with loading loadstone onto a 
> 3rd
> edition handset?
> Brian
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: <loadstone-request at loadstone-gps.com>
> To: <loadstone at loadstone-gps.com>
> Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 12:00 PM
> Subject: Loadstone Digest, Vol 24, Issue 8
>
>
>> Send Loadstone mailing list submissions to
>> loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
>>
>> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>> http://www.loadstone-gps.com/mailman/listinfo/loadstone
>> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>> loadstone-request at loadstone-gps.com
>>
>> You can reach the person managing the list at
>> loadstone-owner at loadstone-gps.com
>>
>> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
>> than "Re: Contents of Loadstone digest..."
>>
>>
>> Today's Topics:
>>
>>   1.  Error in PointShare (Gianfranco Giudice)
>>   2. Re:  article: n70, loadstone, seeing with sound, etc
>>      (Gianfranco Giudice)
>>   3. Re:  Tripmeter (Shawn Kirkpatrick)
>>   4.  For Paypal user in UK only (Gianfranco Giudice)
>>   5. Re:  deleting memos (David W Wood)
>>   6.  Automatically recording route on the go (Victor Tsaran)
>>   7. Re:  Automatically recording route on the go (Shawn Kirkpatrick)
>>   8. Re:  Automatically recording route on the go (Ari Moisio)
>>
>>
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> Message: 1
>> Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 06:06:29 +0200
>> From: "Gianfranco Giudice" <g.giudice at balcab.ch>
>> Subject: [Loadstone] Error in PointShare
>> To: <loadstone at loadstone-gps.com>
>> Message-ID:
>> <!~!UENERkVCMDkAAQACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABgAAAAAAAAAC7NVZHrk1xG94AAwGxQGrMKAAAAQAAAA+qbK/Dlk6USz5CKu8eyzbQEAAAAA at balcab.ch>
>>
>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>>
>> I imported my points to the PointShare and got the following errors:
>> . e: (12) error searching for table token
>> . i: (12) rollback
>> What happened and what can I do?
>> That's the first time I got such error.
>>
>> Gian
>>
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> Message: 2
>> Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 06:29:07 +0200
>> From: "Gianfranco Giudice" <g.giudice at balcab.ch>
>> Subject: Re: [Loadstone] article: n70, loadstone, seeing with sound,
>> etc
>> To: <loadstone at loadstone-gps.com>
>> Message-ID:
>> <!~!UENERkVCMDkAAQACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABgAAAAAAAAAC7NVZHrk1xG94AAwGxQGrMKAAAAQAAAAq3TPtIDOqE+YHW28WqTpEgEAAAAA at balcab.ch>
>>
>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>>
>> Hi Alan
>> If you are interested in N70, I may find one for you.
>> But other models have nice music players too and work fine with screen
>> readers.
>> I tested different Receivers and decided to distribute Holux M-1000 and
>> Royaltek RBT-2210 because of their better accuracy and price.
>> I think a datalogger is not neccessary for blind. Have someone tried 
>> their
>> additional functions?
>> Comparing Talks and Mobile Speak, all customers told me that MS is slower
>> and need more ressources because of the more natural voice quality.
>> Well, Code Factory offers you in addition Mobile Daisy Player and Color
>> Recognizer, running only with MS.
>>
>> Best regards
>> Gian
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: loadstone-bounces at loadstone-gps.com
>> [mailto:loadstone-bounces at loadstone-gps.com] On Behalf Of Alan Yoder
>> Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 11:44 PM
>> To: loadstone mailing list
>> Subject: [Loadstone] article: n70, loadstone, seeing with sound, etc
>>
>>    Can't find a carrier that supports the n70 phone, since the article 
>> was
>> about this unit I thought I'd look for it specifically.
>> Elsewise, what unit should I select that has the same features?
>> 1: multibluetooth (gps, headset, keyboard)
>> 2: java (seeing with sound)
>> 3: decent amount of memory (sws images and loadstone points)
>> 4: ability to play music (through bluetooth headset, wanted for sws
>> applet,
>> not music really)
>> 5: ability to run mobilespeak (as I understand talx is not as good as the
>> other)
>>
>> The closest I could come to finding the n70 was a provider that had the
>> n75.
>> Also, should I research what protocol the phone uses, get something to 
>> set
>> up a working mobility solution, then add phone services later?
>> No experience with gps recievers either. need help selecting a good unit
>> here. can radioshack assist and not leave me with one of those screen
>> based
>> gps units for sighted folk?
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Loadstone mailing list
>> Loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
>> http://www.loadstone-gps.com/mailman/listinfo/loadstone
>>
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> Message: 3
>> Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 21:48:23 -0700 (PDT)
>> From: Shawn Kirkpatrick <shawn at loadstone-gps.com>
>> Subject: Re: [Loadstone] Tripmeter
>> To: loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
>> Message-ID: <Pine.LNX.4.64.0806032145470.2576 at odyssey.csy.ca>
>> Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII; format=flowed
>>
>> Well, the program really isn't meant to crash. It may happen sometimes 
>> but
>> in normal opperation the last_position file will be written correctly. 
>> The
>> trip distance is stored in metres and converted appropriately when
>> displayed. Nobody else has reported problems with the value accross
>> program
>> runs, is this a problem that anyone else can confirm?
>> The last_position doesn't store the trip metre state, running or not, you
>> just restart it if you want that function.
>>
>> On Wed, 4 Jun 2008, Ari Moisio wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>>  Last_position appears to be used only when  LS exits  normally. In
>>> addition kilometers are converted to meters when last_position is 
>>> updated
>>> and thus five kilometers becomes five meters on next LS session.
>>>
>>>   Last_position also does not carry information about whether tripmeter
>>> was running in the case of program crash.
>>>
>>>
>>> You can still escape from the Gates of hell: Use Linux!
>>> -- 
>>> mr. M01510
>>>
>>>
>>> On Tue, 3 Jun 2008, Shawn Kirkpatrick wrote:
>>>
>>>> I'm pretty sure this is called last_position and does exactly this. It
>>>> doesn't update all that often but seems to work rather well for its
>>>> purpose.
>>>>
>>>> On Tue, 3 Jun 2008, Ari Moisio wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Hi
>>>>>
>>>>>  One more: there could be a state file, updated for every few hundreds
>>>>> meters. This file will hold coordinates and distance so far. If LS for
>>>>> some reason crashes most of the trip meter information could be
>>>>> regenerated with this file.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> You can still escape from the Gates of hell: Use Linux!
>>>>> --
>>>>> mr. M01510
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>> Loadstone mailing list
>>>>> Loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
>>>>> http://www.loadstone-gps.com/mailman/listinfo/loadstone
>>>>>
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> Loadstone mailing list
>>>> Loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
>>>> http://www.loadstone-gps.com/mailman/listinfo/loadstone
>>>>
>>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Loadstone mailing list
>>> Loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
>>> http://www.loadstone-gps.com/mailman/listinfo/loadstone
>>>
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> Message: 4
>> Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 07:19:39 +0200
>> From: "Gianfranco Giudice" <g.giudice at balcab.ch>
>> Subject: [Loadstone] For Paypal user in UK only
>> To: <loadstone at loadstone-gps.com>
>> Message-ID:
>> <!~!UENERkVCMDkAAQACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABgAAAAAAAAAC7NVZHrk1xG94AAwGxQGrMKAAAAQAAAAKEaYg4gD5E6b/7hMUvPaNQEAAAAA at balcab.ch>
>>
>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252"
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> Could someone tell me Paypal's Bank data in UK to transfer funds?
>> I have a customer in UK who has no credit card.
>> I don't see those data because when I log on it shows me only Swiss
>> account
>> data. Click after loging on
>> "transfer funds using bank transfer".
>> Thanks for your help.
>>
>> Gian
>>
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> Message: 5
>> Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 06:25:46 +0100
>> From: "David W Wood" <g3yxx at guildford-physio.demon.co.uk>
>> Subject: Re: [Loadstone] deleting memos
>> To: <loadstone at loadstone-gps.com>
>> Message-ID: <200806040524.m545OXri006322 at millennium.bc.cx>
>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1250"
>>
>> Or delete it through a browser - I have discovered!
>>
>> David W Wood
>>
>> GUILDFORD PHYSIOTHERAPY AND SPORTS CLINIC
>> MATTHEWS HOUSE
>> 85 EPSOM ROAD
>> GUILDFORD
>> SURREY GU1 3PA
>>
>> T: 01483 575876 (APPOINTMENTS)
>>         302691 (ALL OTHER INQUIRIES)
>>
>> E: reception at guildfordphysio.net
>> W: http://tinyurl.com/5wptcp
>>
>> ____________________
>> DISCLAIMER
>> The information contained in this e-mail is strictly confidential and is
>> intended solely for the individual/s to whom it is addressed. If you are
>> not
>> the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error please 
>> delete
>> it immediately.  Any disclosure including but not withstanding reading
>> copying or distribution of all or part of the information contained 
>> herein
>> is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  Although this email and any
>> attachments are believed to be free of any virus or any other defect 
>> which
>> might affect any computer or system on which they are received and/or
>> opened
>> it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that they are virus
>> free
>> and no responsibility is accepted by The Guildford Physiotherapy and
>> Sports
>> Clinic for any loss or damage arising in any way from receipt or use
>> thereof.   Any opinions or advice contained in this email are not
>> necessarily those of The Guildford Physiotherapy and Sports Clinic or any
>> individual or individuals working or acting on its behalf.
>>
>> All prices shown are in pounds sterling and exclude VAT, Delivery and
>> Expense charges unless otherwise stated.
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: loadstone-bounces at loadstone-gps.com
>> [mailto:loadstone-bounces at loadstone-gps.com] On Behalf Of Ari Moisio
>> Sent: Monday, May 26, 2008 7:09 PM
>> To: loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
>> Subject: Re: [Loadstone] deleting memos
>>
>> Hi David
>>
>>  REcord a new one, it will override the previous one.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> You can still escape from the Gates of hell: Use Linux!
>> -- 
>> mr. M01510
>>
>>
>> On Mon, 26 May 2008, David W Wood wrote:
>>
>>> Hi how do I do this - I have one which I recorded inadvertently.
>>>
>>> David W Wood
>>>
>>> GUILDFORD PHYSIOTHERAPY AND SPORTS CLINIC
>>> MATTHEWS HOUSE
>>> 85 EPSOM ROAD
>>> GUILDFORD
>>> SURREY GU1 3PA
>>>
>>> T: 01483 575876 (APPOINTMENTS)
>>>         302691 (ALL OTHER INQUIRIES)
>>>
>>> E: reception at guildfordphysio.net
>>> W: http://tinyurl.com/5wptcp
>>>
>>> ____________________
>>> DISCLAIMER
>>> The information contained in this e-mail is strictly confidential and is
>>> intended solely for the individual/s to whom it is addressed. If you are
>> not
>>> the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error please
>>> delete
>>> it immediately.  Any disclosure including but not withstanding reading
>>> copying or distribution of all or part of the information contained
>>> herein
>>> is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  Although this email and any
>>> attachments are believed to be free of any virus or any other defect
>>> which
>>> might affect any computer or system on which they are received and/or
>> opened
>>> it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that they are virus
>> free
>>> and no responsibility is accepted by The Guildford Physiotherapy and
>> Sports
>>> Clinic for any loss or damage arising in any way from receipt or use
>>> thereof.   Any opinions or advice contained in this email are not
>>> necessarily those of The Guildford Physiotherapy and Sports Clinic or 
>>> any
>>> individual or individuals working or acting on its behalf.
>>>
>>> All prices shown are in pounds sterling and exclude VAT, Delivery and
>>> Expense charges unless otherwise stated.
>>>
>>>
>>> No virus found in this outgoing message.
>>> Checked by AVG.
>>> Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 269.24.1/1466 - Release Date:
>> 25/05/2008
>>> 18:49
>>>
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Loadstone mailing list
>>> Loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
>>> http://www.loadstone-gps.com/mailman/listinfo/loadstone
>>>
>>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Loadstone mailing list
>> Loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
>> http://www.loadstone-gps.com/mailman/listinfo/loadstone
>>
>> No virus found in this incoming message.
>> Checked by AVG.
>> Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 269.24.1/1466 - Release Date:
>> 25/05/2008
>> 18:49
>>
>>
>> No virus found in this outgoing message.
>> Checked by AVG.
>> Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 269.24.5/1479 - Release Date:
>> 02/06/2008
>> 19:02
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> Message: 6
>> Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 23:23:30 -0700
>> From: Victor Tsaran <vtsaran at gmail.com>
>> Subject: [Loadstone] Automatically recording route on the go
>> To: loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
>> Message-ID: <484634E2.6010501 at gmail.com>
>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>>
>> Hello all,
>> Did I hear correctly that the new version of Loadstone allows one to
>> automatically collect information as while on the go to be used later
>> for route planning? If yes, then how is this done?
>> I was hoping to find more info on "trip meter" and "start/stop logging"
>> features in the "getting started" manual, but could not find much info
>> there.
>>
>> Thanks for any ideas.
>> Vic
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> Message: 7
>> Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 23:47:55 -0700 (PDT)
>> From: Shawn Kirkpatrick <shawn at loadstone-gps.com>
>> Subject: Re: [Loadstone] Automatically recording route on the go
>> To: loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
>> Message-ID: <Pine.LNX.4.64.0806032347220.5202 at odyssey.csy.ca>
>> Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII; format=flowed
>>
>> No, the current version does not have any automatic route recording. This
>> is
>> planned for a future version.
>>
>> On Tue, 3 Jun 2008, Victor Tsaran wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all,
>>> Did I hear correctly that the new version of Loadstone allows one to
>>> automatically collect information as while on the go to be used later
>>> for route planning? If yes, then how is this done?
>>> I was hoping to find more info on "trip meter" and "start/stop logging"
>>> features in the "getting started" manual, but could not find much info
>>> there.
>>>
>>> Thanks for any ideas.
>>> Vic
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Loadstone mailing list
>>> Loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
>>> http://www.loadstone-gps.com/mailman/listinfo/loadstone
>>>
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> Message: 8
>> Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 11:25:59 +0300 (EEST)
>> From: Ari Moisio <arimo at iki.fi>
>> Subject: Re: [Loadstone] Automatically recording route on the go
>> To: loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
>> Message-ID: <Pine.LNX.4.64.0806041124050.16725 at arimo.local>
>> Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII; format=flowed
>>
>> Hi
>>
>>  There is a fueture to load the  nmea log, the raw location data from the
>> gps receiver to external server and got a list of checkpoins as 
>> response.
>> This is however not very handy way to create own routes.
>>
>>  See the archives for more info.
>>
>>
>>
>> You can still escape from the Gates of hell: Use Linux!
>> -- 
>> mr. M01510
>>
>>
>> On Tue, 3 Jun 2008, Victor Tsaran wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all,
>>> Did I hear correctly that the new version of Loadstone allows one to
>>> automatically collect information as while on the go to be used later
>>> for route planning? If yes, then how is this done?
>>> I was hoping to find more info on "trip meter" and "start/stop logging"
>>> features in the "getting started" manual, but could not find much info
>>> there.
>>>
>>> Thanks for any ideas.
>>> Vic
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Loadstone mailing list
>>> Loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
>>> http://www.loadstone-gps.com/mailman/listinfo/loadstone
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Loadstone mailing list
>> Loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
>> http://www.loadstone-gps.com/mailman/listinfo/loadstone
>>
>>
>> End of Loadstone Digest, Vol 24, Issue 8
>> ****************************************
>
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>
> No virus found in this incoming message.
> Checked by AVG.
> Version: 8.0.100 / Virus Database: 269.24.6/1482 - Release Date: 6/4/2008
> 7:10 AM
>
> _______________________________________________
> Loadstone mailing list
> Loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
> http://www.loadstone-gps.com/mailman/listinfo/loadstone
> 



More information about the Loadstone mailing list