[Loadstone] ot: Symbian Jailbreak

Per Reisender at online.de
Fri Jun 6 14:58:47 BST 2008

Hi all,

maybe the following is interesting for development or testing, although it
could be interesting for everyone who wants to free his Symbian phone as
well:

"A Spanish modder has developed an easy to use privilege escalation hack for
Symbian S60 3rd Edition phones. The hack provides unlimited access to the
phone's
file system. With this access any number of modifications can be made."
Read more at the f-secure blog:
http://www.f-secure.com/weblog/archives/00001451.html

See also at this blogs:
http://www.finestfones.com/2008/05/new-hack-available-e90-6120c-and-n95-3.html
http://www.symbian-freak.com/quides/hack/s60_3rd_ed_hacking_new_solution.htm

Don't ask me how this will work and if it could be dangerous for your phone.
I just read this news and want to share it.

Best,  Per