[Loadstone] article: n70, loadstone, seeing with sound, etc

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Wed Jun 4 02:32:33 BST 2008

The n70 is a very nice phone but I've had some troubles with mine. The multy
bluetooth doesn't seem to work as well as it should, I couldn't get the gps
receiver and a bluetooth headset to both connect, one or the other would get
knocked off. Other than that the phone would do all you need. To find one
look on ebay or elsewhere online for an unlocked phone, your provider really
doesn't have to support it. You may want to look at a newer third edition
phone, they're newer, have more features, and may have more firmware updates
available. Use google and see what you can find by comparing the various
phones.
As far as screen readers go, I use talks and it seems to work well. I've
tested mobilespeak and the version I have for testing has some serious
problems. That version may be outdated so maybe the problems have now been
fixed, you'd have to try the demos and see for yourself.
For the gps receiver, I'd recommend the royaltek or holux m1000. Radio shack
will probably be useless for this like most other things. Again, try google,
there's lots of online sources for all this stuff and it's usually
reasonably priced.