[Loadstone] Problem with Holux M-1000 and the tripmeter

arimo at iki.fi arimo at iki.fi
Sun Jul 27 10:27:53 BST 2008

Hi

  During a walk my Globalsat run out of battery and i had to use my back-up
Holux M-1000. When the Holux got fix i notice the tripmeter has suddenly
increased by about 7300 kilometers, approx distance from here to lat 0,
lon 0. probably the Holux indicated good coverage but would update actual
location data a bit  later.

  Because many receivers will transmit zero  or null location data if they
have no fix it would be a good idea to ignore  such location data.

  Ofcourse one can by accident be in the equator at the zero meridian but i
think the gps drift takes care of this situation:-)

--
mr. M01510 & guide Loadstone-GPS