[Loadstone] PGP signing in mailinglists (was: GPS Emulator)

Charlie charlie at loadstone-gps.com
Wed Jul 23 21:27:55 BST 2008

Robert (Jamie) Munro <rjmunro at arjam.net> wrote:

[why attachments in mails?]

> Because I sign my mail with PGP and your e-mail program, Outlook
> Express, is broken. [...]

The M$ mailers are indead broken.

> For this message, I've switched to inline signing, [...] If this is
> acceptable to people, I'll set up the address loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
> as an exception, although the inline signing might annoy people with
> working e-mail programs,

So why don't you add an exception and don't sign the mails to mailinglists
anymore? Sure, PGP is a really usefull piece of software to keep your
privacy, but this applis only if you *crypt* your mail. the signing of
mails only ensures the authenticy and there is really no need for in a
mailing list like this - or do you thinkk, someone could spoof your
name/address?

> Either way I'd be interested to know.

just my 2 Cent,
Bert