[Loadstone] Checkpoint name for complex intersection.

Shane Wegner shane at loadstone-gps.com
Tue Jul 22 23:45:15 BST 2008

On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 02:21:39PM -0400, Dave Mielke wrote:
> streets intersect (to be more precise, a set of coordinates which occurs more
> than once in the database), i.e. which point to name (more practically, which
> two streets to name). Here (in Ottawa), for example, there's an intersection
> where Carling, Clyde, and Cole intersect. Loadstone has all three combinations

Yeah there are a few points like this.  I could probably
write a quick script which merges them to a point like:
Carling st at clyde st at cole st
And delete the other two points.  A fuzzy ls search for say
carling.cole would then do the right thing and find the
point but we discussed this at one point and decided it
might be better to have all three points.  Now why was that
again, I can't think of a good reason hmm.

Shane