[Loadstone] Open Street Map

Robert (Jamie) Munro rjmunro at arjam.net
Wed Jul 16 17:03:46 BST 2008

Cearbhall O Meadhra wrote:
> Dear Shane,
>
> As you seem to be familiar with the OSM system I wonder if you can help me?
>
> I have tried to understand how to access the OSM system and I cannot find my
> way through it. I have written a conversion tool for Geonames maps to use in
> Loadstone and I would have no problem making this tool pick up an OSM output
> file in order to create a loadstone file. To do this, I would need to see
> how to create the output from OSM.
There are many ways to access information from Open Street Map. The
entire database is available here:
http://planet.openstreetmap.org/
along with weekly, daily, hourly and minute by minute diff files that
allow you to keep up to date with the latest changes using a program
called Osmosis:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Osmosis

Alternatively, you can fetch a small area from the database directly or
you can use a service called OSMXapi which provides server side
filtering of information, and the ability to download larger areas.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Osmxapi

What exactly do you want to do?

Robert (Jamie) Munro