[Loadstone] Relative degrees does work

Paul Shelton pbs at paulshelton.com
Mon Jan 28 14:42:34 GMT 2008

Hi Shawn,

Given that this feature has not been coded,  I'm having trouble explaining
the behaviour I am seeing.

I've intentionally selected a point that is quite distant from my GPS
location so that drift is not an issue.  The point I have navigated to is
3700 miles from my home and when I actually go to it in exploration mode, it
always says it is at 256 degrees.  This is what I would expect.  However,
when I hit the 5 key,  if I'm sitting still, the heading is all over the
place but if I start moving,  it seems to lock in on a heading that looks
like a relative heading.  That is, if I'm approaching the POI, it shows that
it is around 360 degrees and if I'm moving away it appears to be around 180
degrees.

I haven't had the opportunity to try this in a car yet, but this is what I'm
seeing.

I wouldn't think that any amount of drift should change my absolute heading
to a point that is 3700 miles away.

Any ideas?