[Loadstone] Suggestion for Enhancement

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Sat Jan 26 04:24:37 GMT 2008

I think the static threshold setting would compensate for this. If you're
below that the heading locks so the drift might not be so bad. This new
function would just be another setting in the point direction setting so if
people had a use for it they could use it. If this was used for something
like boating then the speeds would probably be high enough so the drift was
only a few degrees.

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008, Paul Shelton wrote:

> Arimo,
>
> I agree that this is not a good application for walking speed.  I know there
> have been a lot of email messages on this subject but in one of my earlier
> messages, perhaps the 1st one, I did suggest that there be a speed threshold
> for this function.  If you are traveling at less than the threshold, then
> you will get absolute heading or perhaps an error message.  I don't know
> what the best value would be for this threshold, perhaps 5 mph (8 kps).
>
> Actually, I think the error message would be best.  This would reduce
> confusion.  I also believe this new function should be an option so that
> those who want absolute heading can still get it.
>
> Paul

>>> if a point of interest is close,  I think a drift of a few degrees one