[Loadstone] Suggestion for Enhancement

Paul Shelton pbs at paulshelton.com
Wed Jan 23 05:51:10 GMT 2008

Well I guess you'd have to be paying attention but the use of the words
"right" and "left" would be the clue that you are getting a relative heading
instead of an absolute heading.

It's good to know that the other modes give you relative heading but for
example, with the clock face, every hour point represents a 30 degree swath
of the pie and this could be a substantial error if you're using it to aim
towards something.   I'm thinking of the case where you're on a boat trying
to aim towards a point on shore.  I think having the granularity  that
degrees provides would be very useful.  I also like the idea of being able
to picture where something is when traveling in the car.  If I'm told that
something is at 12 o'clock, that really means it could be anywhere from 345
degrees to 15 degrees.  I'd just like more precision.

Paul