[Loadstone] Suggestion for Enhancement

Paul Shelton pbs at paulshelton.com
Tue Jan 22 16:30:47 GMT 2008

    I've just started using loadstone in the last couple of days so I don't
have much experience with it but I do have a suggestion.

When in navigation mode,  I'd like to have at least an option to tell me my
heading to a Point of Interest expressed relative to my direction of travel.
There would probably have to be some kind of speed threshold as this would
not work very well when walking.  For example, if I'm heading East at 90
degrees and my point of interest is at heading 110 degrees,  I would be told
that it was 20 degrees right, 2 miles to......

If you drop below the speed threshold, for instance 5 mph, you would revert
to absolute heading, or alternatively, would be told that the relative
heading could not be calculated.  Actually, I believe the proper term for
the relative heading is bearing.

Paul