[Loadstone] Find & show area

arimo at iki.fi arimo at iki.fi
Wed Jan 9 10:05:32 GMT 2008

Hi

On Tue, 8 Jan 2008, Shawn Kirkpatrick wrote:

> This could probably be done but that would introduce an extra step in the
> show area function making it a bit slower to access.

  The access speed difference is plusminuz zero, one extra selecto for one
less arrow down. There is currently six keystrokes to get from navigation
mode to show area.

> Access to these functions has been improved for the next version.

  Great:-) How about following scheme in both navigation and exploration:
arrow will open show area -type list in given direction and pressing
select will open current find- type dialog in all directions.

  To stay even more consistent between exploration and navigation modes
arrow up could always be  'in front', ie  in exploration mode heading of
latest virtual movement.

> I've been thinking of making the find dialog save the last search criteria
> but don't know if it'll get put in or not.

  I'll vote to put it on.

> For the results field you can type in the number instead of using the
> arrows. I think the adjustment step is handled by the dialog framework and
> might not be adjustable.

  Ok... how about  defining it as a 'screenfulls', ie for example ten
results per single unit?

> The search radius is in kilometres, consistant with other things.

  I haven't found any other setting presented in kilometers so far.  They
are in metres, seconds or just numbers.

mr. M01510