[Loadstone] 'Louder' headsets

Jacob Kruger jacobk at cknet.co.za
Mon Jan 7 06:37:50 GMT 2008

Hi there

Was busy trying to test my mobile phone with loadstone, and a nokia
bluetooth headset yesterday while sitting on the offroad bike I sort of plan
to play with in conjunction with loadstone etc., and while this combination
of gadgets works fine when I walk around, the main problem is that it's
nowhere near loud enough when the bike is running.

Also tried it out with a more normal headset that just plugs into the phone,
but that seems even quieter.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can try out if I want to be able to
hear the software talking to me while the bike is running?

FWIW, in November 2005 I did play around on a racetrack on a different bike
where someone used a mobile phone to call me and I had one of those
handsfree driving kits around my neck, and that one was loud enough for me
to hear over the sound of the bike's motor, and I suppose I could try that
one out again, but honestly, I'd prefer something a little bit more
'private', so that only I hear what the phone/software are saying to me.

Anyway, I know this is a little bit strange, but thought I may as well ask
you guys.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker