[Loadstone] can't get SirfStar 3 module to use WAAS

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Wed Jan 2 23:55:22 GMT 2008

If waas doesn't work it's not too surprising. There's a few reasons for
this. You may not get a waas signal, they seem to be hard to get quite
often. Loadstone may not be sending the propper command to turn waas on. The
manufacturers are free to implement whatever command they want to turn this
feature on so there's no real standard. You'll only get a waas signal if
you're standing still so it's really not a lot of help for general
navigation.