[Loadstone] Loadstone Digest, Vol 18, Issue 37

milton mbz41 at sympatico.ca
Tue Jan 1 21:50:04 GMT 2008


Dear Stephen,

Thanks for the advice, it worked. One  further problem I have is activating
the number keys for navigation on my Nokia E61i,I must press the function
and number key simultaneously in order to activate primary navigation
functions. This is very awkward to achieve while walking.
Any suggestions?

Cheers

MILTON







-----Original Message-----
From: loadstone-bounces at loadstone-gps.com
[mailto:loadstone-bounces at loadstone-gps.com] On Behalf Of
loadstone-request at loadstone-gps.com
Sent: December 31, 2007 6:24 AM
To: loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
Subject: Loadstone Digest, Vol 18, Issue 37

Send Loadstone mailing list submissions to
	loadstone at loadstone-gps.com

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
	http://www.loadstone-gps.com/mailman/listinfo/loadstone
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
	loadstone-request at loadstone-gps.com

You can reach the person managing the list at
	loadstone-owner at loadstone-gps.com

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of Loadstone digest..."


Today's Topics:

   1.  automated signing (Shawn Keen)
   2.  Blocked Y Browser Plugin (milton)
   3. Re:  Blocked Y Browser Plugin (Stephen Giggar)
   4. Re:  Pantech Duo and LS (Shawn Kirkpatrick)
   5. Re:  automated signing (Julian)
   6. Re:  Pantech Duo and LS (slery)
   7. Re:  Pantech Duo and LS (Shawn Kirkpatrick)
   8. Re:  automated signing and a sudgestion (Shawn Keen)
   9. Re:  automated signing and a sudgestion (Shawn Kirkpatrick)


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 06:49:55 -0600
From: "Shawn Keen" <shawn.keen at gmail.com>
Subject: [Loadstone] automated signing
To: <loadstone at loadstone-gps.com>
Message-ID: <005901c84ae2$80219d10$6501a8c0 at CLARK>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

Hi,

Yesterday I purchased a  automated signing and I still haven't received my
file,  I think the email address that my pay pal might have come from  was
the wrong one, I've since changed the primary address and I wasn't sure
where else to email about this problem.
   
the file should go to
shawn.keen at gmail.com

thanks

Shawn
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
http://www.loadstone-gps.com/pipermail/loadstone/attachments/20071230/848240
2c/attachment-0001.htm 

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 12:09:45 -0500
From: "milton" <mbz41 at sympatico.ca>
Subject: [Loadstone] Blocked Y Browser Plugin
To: <loadstone at loadstone-gps.com>
Message-ID: <BAYC1-PASMTP067ADB3EEAC9EAE03CCF52C1570 at CEZ.ICE>
Content-Type: text/plain;	charset="us-ascii"


Hi,
I am a new member with a Nokia E61i having successfully installed lodestone
with certificate, we are now stuck.

When I try installing the Y browser .SISX file into the Phone, it rejects
the software commenting that it requires a certificate from the owner of the
software. I downloaded this software from the original Owner's webpage but
still the Mobile phone rejects it.

Any suggestions?


Milton







------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 11:45:58 -0600
From: "Stephen Giggar" <sgiggar at sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Loadstone] Blocked Y Browser Plugin
To: <loadstone at loadstone-gps.com>
Message-ID: <008501c84b0b$d66a18e0$6400a8c0 at STEPHENXP>
Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1";
	reply-type=original

Yes check and make sure that you have your software security set to ALL and
not signed only!
This would normally be under Menu, Tools, App. Manager. Then press options,
arrow to Settings and 
press select. Then if the Software Security says Signed Only press select to
change it. After that 
is done; Press SoftKey2 to exit out and keep doing that until you get back
to the main screen of 
your E61I.

Signed: Stephen Giggar
sgiggar at sbcglobal.net
Skype: dr-phone.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "milton" <mbz41 at sympatico.ca>
To: <loadstone at loadstone-gps.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 30, 2007 11:09 AM
Subject: [Loadstone] Blocked Y Browser Plugin


>
> Hi,
> I am a new member with a Nokia E61i having successfully installed
lodestone
> with certificate, we are now stuck.
>
> When I try installing the Y browser .SISX file into the Phone, it rejects
> the software commenting that it requires a certificate from the owner of
the
> software. I downloaded this software from the original Owner's webpage but
> still the Mobile phone rejects it.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
>
> Milton
>
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Loadstone mailing list
> Loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
> http://www.loadstone-gps.com/mailman/listinfo/loadstone 



------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 15:57:30 -0800 (PST)
From: Shawn Kirkpatrick <shawn at odyssey.cm.nu>
Subject: Re: [Loadstone] Pantech Duo and LS
To: loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
Message-ID: <Pine.LNX.4.64.0712301556001.15129 at odyssey.cm.nu>
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII; format=flowed

Well, a quick google search for pantech duo shows it to be a windows mobile 
phone. This means that Loadstone absolutely will not work with it and most 
likely never will. Neither will talks or any other program you currently 
have on your Nokia.

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007, slery wrote:

> I will be getting a Pantech Duo soon and wondered if LS will work on it?
> The phone lists that it has built in GPS and wondered if LS could use this
> instead or if it would cause problems if I used my Holux slim236?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Cindy
> _______________________________________________
> Loadstone mailing list
> Loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
> http://www.loadstone-gps.com/mailman/listinfo/loadstone
>


------------------------------

Message: 5
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 21:38:46 -0800 (PST)
From: "Julian" <n1ca at arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [Loadstone] automated signing
To: loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
Message-ID:
	<1d050a4e18ca22914aaab4a.20071230213846.a1pn at www.dslextreme.com>
Content-Type: text/plain;charset=iso-8859-1

I'd like to learn more about this process.  Perhaps this might be the way
I can finally get LS on my N95.  I wen through the whole self signing
process and when I try to install the self signed version I'm told that I
can't and that it's restricted by the certificate.  I certainly wouldn't
mind paying a few bucks if it means that I can finally run LS on my new
phone.  I've also heard that Symbian changed the signingprocess and that
it would be easier for developers to sign apps.  Will there soon be a new
version of LS that will be signed?  My new phone is good to go except for
LS, this is the only reason I'm still using the old phone so I'm anxiously
waiting for the day I can finally get LS going on my N95.


Julian



Shawn Keen
> Hi,
>
> Yesterday I purchased a  automated signing and I still haven't received my
> file,  I think the email address that my pay pal might have come from  was
> the wrong one, I've since changed the primary address and I wasn't sure
> where else to email about this problem.
>
> the file should go to
> shawn.keen at gmail.com
>
> thanks
>
> Shawn
> _______________________________________________
> Loadstone mailing list
> Loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
> http://www.loadstone-gps.com/mailman/listinfo/loadstone
>



------------------------------

Message: 6
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 02:08:49 -0500
From: "slery" <slerythema at insightbb.com>
Subject: Re: [Loadstone] Pantech Duo and LS
To: <loadstone at loadstone-gps.com>
Message-ID: <007c01c84b7b$fe42a420$0132a8c0 at Cindy>
Content-Type: text/plain;	charset="us-ascii"

Thanks.  There are only two out of the five that AT&T supports that are
available.  The Nokia phones have been discontinued so I'm not sure that I
will be able to continue using LS since none of the available phones will
support that.

Cindy

> -----Original Message-----
> From: loadstone-bounces at loadstone-gps.com 
> [mailto:loadstone-bounces at loadstone-gps.com] On Behalf Of 
> Shawn Kirkpatrick
> Sent: Sunday, December 30, 2007 6:58 PM
> To: loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
> Subject: Re: [Loadstone] Pantech Duo and LS
> 
> 
> Well, a quick google search for pantech duo shows it to be a 
> windows mobile 
> phone. This means that Loadstone absolutely will not work 
> with it and most 
> likely never will. Neither will talks or any other program 
> you currently 
> have on your Nokia.
> 
> On Sat, 29 Dec 2007, slery wrote:
> 
> > I will be getting a Pantech Duo soon and wondered if LS 
> will work on 
> > it? The phone lists that it has built in GPS and wondered 
> if LS could 
> > use this instead or if it would cause problems if I used my Holux 
> > slim236?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Cindy
> > _______________________________________________
> > Loadstone mailing list
> > Loadstone at loadstone-gps.com 
> > http://www.loadstone-gps.com/mailman/listinfo/loadstone
> >
> _______________________________________________
> Loadstone mailing list
> Loadstone at loadstone-gps.com 
> http://www.loadstone-gps.com/mailman/listinfo/loadstone
> 


------------------------------

Message: 7
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 00:10:16 -0800 (PST)
From: Shawn Kirkpatrick <shawn at odyssey.cm.nu>
Subject: Re: [Loadstone] Pantech Duo and LS
To: loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
Message-ID: <Pine.LNX.4.64.0712310009370.21386 at odyssey.cm.nu>
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII; format=flowed

Why worry about what your provider supports? Just get an unlocked phone and 
put your sim in it and you're good to go.

On Mon, 31 Dec 2007, slery wrote:

> Thanks.  There are only two out of the five that AT&T supports that are
> available.  The Nokia phones have been discontinued so I'm not sure that I
> will be able to continue using LS since none of the available phones will
> support that.
>
> Cindy
>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: loadstone-bounces at loadstone-gps.com
>> [mailto:loadstone-bounces at loadstone-gps.com] On Behalf Of
>> Shawn Kirkpatrick
>> Sent: Sunday, December 30, 2007 6:58 PM
>> To: loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
>> Subject: Re: [Loadstone] Pantech Duo and LS
>>
>>
>> Well, a quick google search for pantech duo shows it to be a
>> windows mobile
>> phone. This means that Loadstone absolutely will not work
>> with it and most
>> likely never will. Neither will talks or any other program
>> you currently
>> have on your Nokia.
>>
>> On Sat, 29 Dec 2007, slery wrote:
>>
>>> I will be getting a Pantech Duo soon and wondered if LS
>> will work on
>>> it? The phone lists that it has built in GPS and wondered
>> if LS could
>>> use this instead or if it would cause problems if I used my Holux
>>> slim236?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> Cindy
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Loadstone mailing list
>>> Loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
>>> http://www.loadstone-gps.com/mailman/listinfo/loadstone
>>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Loadstone mailing list
>> Loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
>> http://www.loadstone-gps.com/mailman/listinfo/loadstone
>>
> _______________________________________________
> Loadstone mailing list
> Loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
> http://www.loadstone-gps.com/mailman/listinfo/loadstone
>


------------------------------

Message: 8
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 05:01:05 -0600
From: "Shawn Keen" <shawn.keen at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Loadstone] automated signing and a sudgestion
To: <loadstone at loadstone-gps.com>
Message-ID: <001e01c84b9c$723c3970$6401a8c0 at DAWSON>
Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1";
	reply-type=original

It's on the web page, under documentation and third party signing or 
something like that. 7.95 is fare to me, and I didn't want to mess with 
doing it myself.


btw, if you want to use your knew phone go ahead, then you can just use your

old phone with out a sim card and still get ls to work!  I found this out 
the other day with my 6682.

btw, here is a sudgestion, how about having ls turn bluetooth off when it 
exits, or at least asking if you want to turn it off.




----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Julian" <n1ca at arrl.net>
To: <loadstone at loadstone-gps.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 30, 2007 11:38 PM
Subject: Re: [Loadstone] automated signing


> I'd like to learn more about this process.  Perhaps this might be the way
> I can finally get LS on my N95.  I wen through the whole self signing
> process and when I try to install the self signed version I'm told that I
> can't and that it's restricted by the certificate.  I certainly wouldn't
> mind paying a few bucks if it means that I can finally run LS on my new
> phone.  I've also heard that Symbian changed the signingprocess and that
> it would be easier for developers to sign apps.  Will there soon be a new
> version of LS that will be signed?  My new phone is good to go except for
> LS, this is the only reason I'm still using the old phone so I'm anxiously
> waiting for the day I can finally get LS going on my N95.
>
>
> Julian
>
>
>
> Shawn Keen
>> Hi,
>>
>> Yesterday I purchased a  automated signing and I still haven't received 
>> my
>> file,  I think the email address that my pay pal might have come from 
>> was
>> the wrong one, I've since changed the primary address and I wasn't sure
>> where else to email about this problem.
>>
>> the file should go to
>> shawn.keen at gmail.com
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> Shawn
>> _______________________________________________
>> Loadstone mailing list
>> Loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
>> http://www.loadstone-gps.com/mailman/listinfo/loadstone
>>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Loadstone mailing list
> Loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
> http://www.loadstone-gps.com/mailman/listinfo/loadstone 



------------------------------

Message: 9
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 03:22:48 -0800 (PST)
From: Shawn Kirkpatrick <shawn at odyssey.cm.nu>
Subject: Re: [Loadstone] automated signing and a sudgestion
To: loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
Message-ID: <Pine.LNX.4.64.0712310316440.31954 at odyssey.cm.nu>
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII; format=flowed

I won't comment on any of the signing stuff since it's all in the process of

changing.
As for turning bluetooth off when loadstone exits, that would be a nice idea

but symbian/nokia in there infinite stupidity don't seem to provide any 
way of doing this in the sdk. You can get bluetooth turned on by way of 
asking if you want to turn it on or not but there's no way of shutting it 
off or bringing it back to a previous state. Clearly there's a way of doing 
it since the bluetooth manager on the phone does it but it's either 
undocumented or just not in the sdk at all.

On Mon, 31 Dec 2007, Shawn Keen wrote:

> It's on the web page, under documentation and third party signing or
> something like that. 7.95 is fare to me, and I didn't want to mess with
> doing it myself.
>
>
> btw, if you want to use your knew phone go ahead, then you can just use
your
> old phone with out a sim card and still get ls to work!  I found this out
> the other day with my 6682.
>
> btw, here is a sudgestion, how about having ls turn bluetooth off when it
> exits, or at least asking if you want to turn it off.
>
>
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Julian" <n1ca at arrl.net>
> To: <loadstone at loadstone-gps.com>
> Sent: Sunday, December 30, 2007 11:38 PM
> Subject: Re: [Loadstone] automated signing
>
>
>> I'd like to learn more about this process.  Perhaps this might be the way
>> I can finally get LS on my N95.  I wen through the whole self signing
>> process and when I try to install the self signed version I'm told that I
>> can't and that it's restricted by the certificate.  I certainly wouldn't
>> mind paying a few bucks if it means that I can finally run LS on my new
>> phone.  I've also heard that Symbian changed the signingprocess and that
>> it would be easier for developers to sign apps.  Will there soon be a new
>> version of LS that will be signed?  My new phone is good to go except for
>> LS, this is the only reason I'm still using the old phone so I'm
anxiously
>> waiting for the day I can finally get LS going on my N95.
>>
>>
>> Julian
>>
>>
>>
>> Shawn Keen
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Yesterday I purchased a  automated signing and I still haven't received
>>> my
>>> file,  I think the email address that my pay pal might have come from
>>> was
>>> the wrong one, I've since changed the primary address and I wasn't sure
>>> where else to email about this problem.
>>>
>>> the file should go to
>>> shawn.keen at gmail.com
>>>
>>> thanks
>>>
>>> Shawn
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Loadstone mailing list
>>> Loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
>>> http://www.loadstone-gps.com/mailman/listinfo/loadstone
>>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Loadstone mailing list
>> Loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
>> http://www.loadstone-gps.com/mailman/listinfo/loadstone
>
> _______________________________________________
> Loadstone mailing list
> Loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
> http://www.loadstone-gps.com/mailman/listinfo/loadstone
>


------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Loadstone mailing list
Loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
http://www.loadstone-gps.com/mailman/listinfo/loadstone


End of Loadstone Digest, Vol 18, Issue 37
*****************************************



More information about the Loadstone mailing list