[Loadstone] Unable to import a POI collection

Petr Řehák peersoft at seznam.cz
Tue Feb 26 23:43:43 GMT 2008

Hi,

well, I could truncate those strings, probably using regular expressions in
Search and replace, but the number often means the telephone number to the
institution, so it is quite good to have it there, also I could remove the
"CZ-Ambasada" and similar repeating strings at the beginning, but then
LoadStone would have to have such functions as assigning categories to
points, so for example, I could separate many points into different
categories/classes, which could be then looked up by their numbers, each
class could have its own number and then, there could be a file maintaining
a dictionary of class numbers and their descriptions and LS would then read
point descriptions and classes separately, so this is the only reason those
names are too long as there are around 100 or more categories and I could
lose the purpose of that point if those pieces of text were removed.
Also, I would like to ask, if there could be a possibility to read long
texts in LS. With so long names, LS often reads those names, but not
additional information following them in a text stream, such as heading in
the exploration mode, so for example, with my two points stated in my
the following information such as "150 metres at 9 o'clock" or similar could
be truncated. I know there are many keys assigned to more useful functions,
but it would be nice to have at least some scrolling in the output text
buffer or text information could be displayed in multiple lines on the
screen, if that is possible.

Regards,

Petr Rehak