[Loadstone] Distance Announcements

Paul Shelton pbs at paulshelton.com
Sat Feb 23 18:43:57 GMT 2008

    I have a suggestion which I would like to run by the list and see if
others agree.  I'm guessing this is more of an issue for those of us who use
imperial units since it is difficult to convert from yards to miles in one's
head.

I'm suggesting that the change over from yards to miles should occur sooner
than the 1 mile mark.   I think it's much easier to grasp a distance of .75
miles than it is 1,320 yards.  I don't really know where the change over
should occur but perhaps somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 to 300 yards.
The other benefit of this is that it takes much les time to speak the
distance if the number has fewer digits.

Paul